June is National Cancer Survivor Awareness Month. Here are some ways you can support the cause:
💸 Donate to an organization that supports cancer survivors and people currently living with cancer.
- The American Association for Cancer Research is pioneering the study of cancer treatments
- The American Cancer Association is the nation’s leading cancer-fighting organization focused on improving advocacy, research, and patient support
- The Colorado Cancer Coalition is a statewide collaborative providing support to Coloradans living with cancer
💞 If you’re a cancer survivor, you can sign up to become an emotional support volunteer for someone living with cancer through CanCare.
📱 If you’re comfortable with it, help promote awareness by sharing your story with others about how cancer has impacted your life. Search for the hashtag #CancerSurvivorAwareness on social media.
🗓️ Attend a local event to honor and support cancer survivors or people currently living with cancer. Here are a few you can add to your calendar right now:
- Pizza Fundraiser: MOD Pizza and Beau Jo’s will donate 20% of sales or the Colorado Cancer Coalition (June 22)
- Walk to End Colon Cancer at City Park (June 24)
- National Cancer Survivors Day celebration in Lakewood (June 25)